Suzuka Grey

Show us your ride in here

Re: Suzuka Grey

Postby geek » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Cracking video....I have had that reaction a few times now......
geek

Postby Carrg » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 am

Very nice Mate.

Did you have a long wait for Suzuka?

Whats the spec?

Enjoy :D
Ibis RS3 - Bose - Buckets - Black Ed - Privacy
VW California "Candy"!
Carrg

Postby geek » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 am

Cheers,

No wait at all; wanted one since launch but had to prioritise the house move - got that all sorted and got the green light from SWMBO's. Walked into a local dealer asking if they had a demo car, an hour later I had made a buying decision, sales exec said they had a few in stock in the group, I said if he had a Suzuka car he had a deal, next morning he rang back and we had a deal!

Bought a car sat in a sister dealers showroom, only had to wait a week for it.

It has Bose and Black Optics and a few other bits. For the first time in I don't know how many cars, the colour was more important than the spec (except Bose) - Suzuka looks the business, my only complaint is that I think it could be more grey.

The engine is a legend in the making; I remember the 5 pot 80 quattro salons as a kid, a friends dad had one at the same time my folks were driving a 1600 Montego - I thought it was a rocket ship and all I can remember is the sound it made.

The motor alone has taken me back to my youth; it has for me re-captured what RS is all about - lean, efficient, brutally rapid and completely useable every day; hearing it at idle is completely unremarkable, hearing it bark at you during a 7k rpm manual up shift is phenomenal.

I am completely committed to working through the cars issues, I certainly won't be giving it up unless the coolant loss thing becomes terminal.

With the exception of the RS3's brake issue (I am convinced there will be a recall for a pad swap in the future), all of the other niggles are no different than any other current new car of equivalent, higher or lower price imho; production costs / margins and emissions regulations are driving out weight and material quality from all buying segments.

For me, the RS3 is the first genuine Q Car in a good few years.

Off out to the garage now for more inappropriate relations :shock:

P.S.

Couple of guys I work with got a shock last week; completely uninterested in cars, both drivers of current shape oil burning 5 series - I offered to drive to a client, picked them up from the station, tootled along in D at low revs; a couple of comments along the lines of 'why on earth did you buy an A3' were chucked forth, I got to use the epic phrase 'watch this' - launch controlling the unsuspecting should probably be banned, the grab handles were nearly pulled from the roof lining and there was loud reference to the good lord going to the bathroom :lol:
geek

Postby Kohaku » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Very Nice (Subtle)

If you want to finish it off( BLACK WHEELS) you'll be numero uno.
Kohaku

Postby robbiemac » Wed May 01, 2013 5:15 pm

mine........
robbiemac

Postby Rs3kel » Thu May 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Looks Ibis ?.lol
Rs3kel

Previous

Return to Members rides